Lately I’ve been hearing so much about how pineapple is a super food. I’ve always thought I was allergic to it because whenever I ate it, I would get bumps on my tongue and it would feel weird. Someone told me that happened because I didn’t allow the pineapple to ripen enough. Ever since then I let my pineapple sit out until the outside gets yellowish and I have never had bumps again!
Pineapple has many healing properties for the body. This is a fruit we should all try to eat on a regular basis! Here are some key health benefits pineapple provides:
- Immune Support: Pineapple is high in vitamin c which helps keep our immune systems healthy and free of illness. Pineapple also has bromelain , which helps fight against microbial infections.
- Prevents Free Radical Damage: Pineapple is high in antioxidants which help prevent cell damage. Antioxidants help prevent diseases.
- Strong Bones: Pineapple contains large amounts of manganese which helps strengthen bones and connective tissues.
- Digestion: Pineapple is high in vitamin c, bromelain, and dietary fiber which all promote healthy digestion.
- Heart Health: Antioxidants help lower cholesterol levels; preventing heart disease.
- Relieves Nausea: Pineapple juice can help alleviate nausea or morning sickness. This is helpful during pregnancy or for motion sickness.
- Fights Inflammation: Bromelain helps remove toxins in the body, which reduces inflammation. Regular consumption of pineapple can help alleviate arthritis symptoms.
- Lower Risk of Macular Degeneration: High in vitamin a and beta carotene can help vision and reduce risk of macular degeneration.
- Body Detox: Pineapple is high in fiber, antioxidants and enzymes, this will help the body detox from metals and other toxins,
- Whiter Teeth: The bromelain will help remove plaque from teeth; therefore regular consumption can help whiten teeth.
Try my Immune Boosting Smoothie!
Sound like we all need to go buy some pineapples! Happy eating friends! 🙂