These fluffy biscuits put a pumpkiny twist on a classic favorite and no one will ever know they’re gluten free!
If you’re gluten free, I think it’s fair we can all agree that we miss bread! Unfortunately many store bought gluten free ones just aren’t the same as we remember pre-gluten free diet!
I’m so excited to share with you these pumpkin biscuits because they’re light, fluffy and melt-in-your-mouth good! When you take a bite of these biscuits, it’s literally like taking a bite of fall!
(makes about 15 biscuits)
- 2 cups gluten free flour (I always use Cup4Cup)
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup canned pure pumpkin
- 3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease baking sheet and set aside.
- Combine gf flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt into a large bowl.
- Cut in the butter with electric mixer until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, combine the buttermilk and maple syrup, stirring until well combined. Add in canned pumpkin.
- Add the buttermilk mixture to the flour mixture and stir just until moistened.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured (gf flour!) surface; knead lightly a few times, adding sprinkles of flour as needed. Roll out to about 3/4 inch thickness; cut with a floured biscuit cutter
- Place cut biscuits 1-inch apart on greased baking sheet.
- Bake for about 12-14 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from pan and option to brush with melted butter (and/or honey). Serve warm.
- What bread item do you miss most since going gluten free?