It’s that time of year again! It seems like colds and the flu are in full force right now! It’s been two years since this list was updated, so I’m happy to be able to share this info with you.
For me personally, preventative measures are really important for avoiding a cold/flu altogether and then I don’t have to worry about taking medicine. There are certain things I do in order to keep my immune system strong, especially during flu season. I’m also a HUGE fan of sinus rinse and do it faithfully!
As my fellow gluten free friends know, trying to find out which medicine you can and cannot take when you’re not feeling well is no fun! Unfortunately with celiac disease, reading labels and researching products is a big part of life!
To help make life a little easier (especially when you’re not feeling well), I’ve put together an updated list of gluten free cold/flu medication.
As always, I am not a doctor so please consult with your doctor or pharmacist before taking medications or for any questions you may have. And remember… when in doubt, go without! 🙂
When there is a generic drug listed the manufacturer is in parenthesis.
Gluten Free Cold/Flu Medications:
- Azithromycin (Greenstone, Sandoz, Teva, Pleva, Wockhardt)*
- Benadryl-all products
- Biaxin (tabs/liquid)
- Clarinex D
- Clarinex Reditabs- company does not know source of starch
- Claritin D
- Claritin D-24
- Claritin liquid
- Comtrex (tabs/caplets/liquid)
- Comtrex Deep Chest Cold
- Comtrex Non-Drowsy
- Dimetapp elixir
- Dimetapp tabs-CONTAINS GLUTEN!!!
- Equate Allergy Relief *
- Erythromycin tabs (Abbott labs)
- Ibuprofen (Amneal, Pharm. Formulations)
- Mucinex (all forms)
- Nasacort AQ
- Phenergan w/ Codeine syrup
- Robitussin Cold & Congestion Caplet
- Robitussin Cold & Cough Liqui-Gels
- Robitussin Cold Severe Congestion liqui-gels
- Robitussin Cold, Cough & Flu Liqui-Gels
- Robitussin line
- Robitussin Multi Symptom Cold & Flu Caplets
- Robitussin Night Time liquil-Gel
- Sudafed Cold & Sinus Liquid Caps
- Sudafed Plus
- TheraFlu Cough and Cold
- Tuss DM
- Tylenol allergy sinus caplets, maximum strength
- Tylenol Arthritis Pain Extended Relief Caplets
- Tylenol cherry suspension infants drops
- Tylenol chewable fruit burst flavor tabs
- Tylenol Childrens Susp Grape Liquid
- Tylenol cold multi-symptom plus cough chewable tab
- Tylenol Cold Plus Cough Chew Tab
- Tylenol extended relief caplets
- Tylenol extra strength caplets
- Tylenol extra strength liquid
- Tylenol extra strength PM gelcaps (POSSIBLE CONTAMINATION)
- Tylenol tabs
- Tylenol ultratab
- Tylenol with Codeine
*There are no gluten-containing ingredients added to this product however the manufacturer cannot guarantee the product is gluten-free since they do not test for the absence of gluten.
** Post updated by MsModify 1/18/18
***This list is for the US. If you’re in another country, please contact the manufacturer first.
Information provided by: glutenfreedrugs.com– list updated 4/17Share This: