This quick gluten free Jalapeño Cheddar Bread is ready start to finish in less than an hour, with no yeast required and is the perfect addition to your dinner table!
Since going gluten free, hands down bread is my most missed item. I love sweet bread, savory bread but not so much dense gluten free bread that you often find in the freezer section!
This Jalapeño Cheddar Bread is so moist that no one will know it’s gluten free! It’s full of bold flavors, yet not spicy since you removed the seeds of the jalapeño peppers.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
- 2 cups gluten free flour (I always use Cup4Cup)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 3 jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 inch bread pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix gluten free flour, cheese, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Sir in buttermilk, melted butter and eggs.
- Fold in chopped jalapeño peppers. Batter will be thick and lumpy.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 40-50 mins (baking time will vary depending on oven) or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted. (*This is based on using Cup4Cup flour. I’ve heard from people when using other brands, timing may need to be longer. If using another brand of gf flour, please time based off checking with a toothpick until it comes out clean!)
You are reminding me to light the fire under my butt to try & make bread!!! #2017goals
Quick breads without yeast are so simple to make. You should try it!
This is a great recipe. I’ve made it twice, once as muffins and today as hamburger buns. Easy and tasty. I used Bob’s Red Mill baking flour and they came out great. Less time, but they weren’t a loaf either.
Thanks! I’m so happy you enjoyed it! Making it into muffins is a great idea, thanks for the recommendation!
Did you use the 1:1 Bob’s Red Mill or the regular gluten free all purpose flour?
Did you find out the answer to whether it was Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 or regular gluten free all purpose flour? I tried the recipe, but it didn’t rise very well with all purpose gluten free flour.
I used Cup4Cup gluten free flour when making the recipe.
This sounds like the perfect match to a big bowl of chili. Possibly in muffin form?? Either way – delicious!
This would be perfect with a big bowl of chili! I love the idea of muffins too!
I need to try making this for Jesse ASAP as he would LOVE it! Yummmm!
I hope he enjoys it!
I love jalapeno cheddar breads!! This is a great option for my family who can’t have gluten!!
Jalapeno Cheddar breads are my favorite! I hope they enjoy it!
Can I use coconut flour or almond flour in place of gluten free flour?
Coconut flour and almond flour isn’t a 1:1 replacement for gf flour, and I’ve never tried those in this recipe so I can’t you exact measurements. I would stick to the gf flour to be safe! I’m sorry!