This quick gluten free Jalapeño Cheddar Bread is ready start to finish in less than an hour, with no yeast required and is the perfect addition to your dinner table!
Since going gluten free, hands down bread is my most missed item. I love sweet bread, savory bread but not so much dense gluten free bread that you often find in the freezer section!
This Jalapeño Cheddar Bread is so moist that no one will know it’s gluten free! It’s full of bold flavors, yet not spicy since you removed the seeds of the jalapeño peppers.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
- 2 cups gluten free flour (I always use Cup4Cup)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 3 jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 inch bread pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix gluten free flour, cheese, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Sir in buttermilk, melted butter and eggs.
- Fold in chopped jalapeño peppers. Batter will be thick and lumpy.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 40-50 mins (baking time will vary depending on oven) or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted.