Well hello there April! How is it already April 5th?! I guess it’s true what they say, time flies when you’re having fun!
Before I dive into my April goals, let’s see how I did on my March ones!
1. Organize wedding gifts: Well, this is still a work in progress! We have beyond generous friends and family…let’s just say you couldn’t step foot in my parents dining room because gifts were stacked everywhere! Since Erik and I live in a small apartment we only took the gifts we will use often and all the others will stay at my parents house.
My sweet mom has been organizing and labeling all the boxes and putting them in my closet at their house. She said she’s labeling them so if I ever need to get something, it will be easy to find! That’s my job next weekend…to help her finish!
2. Try two new crock pot recipes: I’m very happy to report I used my crock pot four times last month! Mondays I don’t get home from work until around 8:30 (yuck!) so it has been so nice to dinner being ready! My favorite meal I’ve made so far is my Tomato Basil Soup!
We got this crock pot for a wedding gift and I LOVE it!! When it’s done cooking it switches to warm mode, so your food doesn’t overcook and get mushy (a common crock pot complaint!)
3. Unplug from electronics at 8:00 pm during the week: Umm… so ya this didn’t happen. I’m going to try it again this month because it’s something that I know is very important! I’m not a good sleeper, so I know this should help if I can actually stick with it. Does anyone have any ideas/tips to help me stick with this one??
4. Write thank you cards and send out: I’m proud to say I’ve been really good about this! Wedding gifts have still been coming in here and there, so I try to write them as they come. I have a handful to get out this week.
5. Enjoy the first month of marriage: Marriage so far as been SO great! Since we chose to not live together full time before we were married, it’s been so fun and exciting! Everyone told me to be patient and be prepared that the first few months are hard. Honestly, it hasn’t been! Erik is so easy to live with… we are very similar in the sense of being clean and super organized, so that’s helpful! Literally every night when I cook, Erik sets the table and does the dishes (without me asking!).
The hardest part doesn’t involve Erik, it’s just been learning to manage my time and getting into a new routine (and getting used to my new city).
Erik told me the other day, “If I knew marriage was going to be so great, I would have done it sooner!” HA ya thanks for making me wait 12 years!
March went by super fast, here’s what I’m hoping to get done in April:
1. Start process to change name: This is honestly something I’m dreading and looking forward to. Giving up my maiden name is something that’s hard for me. Since I’m Greek and when I meet clients for work or pass out my business card, it’s always a conversation starter. I often hear, “Karalexis, what kind of name is that?”. Erik know’s I’ve struggled with this. A part of me feels like I’ll be losing my cultural identity, but at the same time I’m very excited to start my life with Erik and want to become one.
Sooo… I decided to drop my middle name and legally put it as Karalexis and then take on Erik’s name. I also think I’m going to use it professionally (or at least for now).
I’m dreading it because there are so many things I need to change! If you’ve done this and have tips, please share!
2. Unplug at 8:00 pm during the week: Here’s to giving it another try!
3. Incorporate essential oils daily: I’m really excited for this! I use oils to help me sleep and can’t wait to use more! I ordered my kit, so I’ll keep you posted!
4. Spend more time with Yia Yia: I see her (grandma) pretty often, but not enough. After seeing her joy when I shared my wedding with her and realizing how old and frail she’s become, I really want to spend more quality time with her.
5. Go meatless 3x/week: Erik is really into documentaries (my brother George got him into them!) and always tells me how bad eating meat regularly is for you. Don’t get me wrong, we love good BBQ but we are trying to eat less. We decided 3 times a week we will go meatless.
What are your goals for the month? Let’s make April a good one! 🙂
Today I’m linking here.
Great goals, lady! Unplugging is on my list too.
So glad to hear of the meatless plan. It makes such a difference in your body to cut out meat… hoping you like it so much, you’ll cut it all out 😉
Good for you spending more time with grandma. I dont think anyone ever regrets that.
Good luck on the name change. Thats the biggest hassle of marriage.
I’m off to check out that tomato basil soup recipe!
I agree, how is it already April 5th?!?
You’ve definitely encouraged me to use my crockpot! We bought it years ago and have only used it once. I’m going to try it out for dinner tonight!
When you change your name make sure you go to the social security office first. You can’t do anything without your new SS card. I did DMV next, credit cards, etc. Once you start the process it’s really not that hard, just time consuming since you have to wait for the SS card to come in the mail.
What great goals. I remember changing my name, it was a process. Good luck with that! Also, I don’t think I could ever unplug at 8!! That’s when the kids go to bed, and I actually get some me time though…. Good luck with the rest of your goals. 🙂
Ha ya I think 8:00 was too ambitious, I haven’t done it once yet! Have a great month! 🙂