I love coconut! Apparently there is a lot of hype on how good it is for you…so I say let’s make macaroons!
These are so simple to make and yet look really impressive. Did I mention how good they taste?! I think these are my new baking obsession.
These are the perfect treat this holiday season!
Modified from Mixandmatchmama
(Makes about 24 cookies)
- 1 (14 oz) bag of sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup gluten free all purpose flour (I use and love Cup 4 Cup)
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp salt
- 8 oz white chocolate chips
- About ¾ cup crushed candy canes
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine coconut, gf flour, milk, salt and vanilla. Stir until evenly mixed.
- Bake for 20 mins.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a couple mins.
- Microwave chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl in 30 sec increments (stir) until melted.
- Drizzle melted chocolate on each cookie. Immediately sprinkle crushed peppermint on top.