These gluten free pumpkin cookies are so soft, they melt in your mouth!
In my opinion, from September 1st- December 1st is officially pumpkin season! I can’t get enough of everything pumpkin… and if fall were a cookie, it would be these pumpkin cookies! These are so soft, not only do they melt in your mouth…but no one will ever know they are gluten free!
I must warn you though… there is a chance you will eat more than you plan! I admit it, Erik and I took these to my parents house and we ate them all in the course of 2 days… 30 cookies! Yes, that’s right… 2 days, 30 cookies, 4 people… you do the math and please don’t judge!
Recipe modified from: BHG
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups gluten free flour (*I always use Cup4Cup)
- 1 cup pure pumpkin
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2- 2 cups powdered sugar (until desired consistency)
- cinnamon, to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl beat butter with electric mixer on medium for about 30 seconds.
- Add in brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice and mix until evenly combined.
- Beat in egg and vanilla until combined.
- Add in pumpkin.
- Slowly add in flour until evenly mixed.
- Drop heaping Tablespoons of dough 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes, then with the back of a spoon flatten down a little and continue to bake for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before you frost.
- In a small saucepan heat butter and brown sugar until smooth.
- Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in milk and vanilla.
- Beat in powdered sugar until smooth.
- Spread frosting on cookies and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Another tasty creation!! The frosting looks so good! xo, Biana
I just want to make the icing & eat that bowl 😉
Well in MY opinion, pumpkin season is 24/7 365 😉
These look deeelicious! That icing sounds perfect!