Today is a big day in our house… it’s Erik’s 30th birthday! It amazes me how fast time goes by. I still remember the first time I met him. We had biology class together in high school and he sat behind me. He was a grade older than me… and I was a little intimidated by him! I can’t believe we met when he was 16 and I was 15.
It’s been an incredible journey going from teenagers trying to figure out who we were, to navigating our early adult years, to now entering the next phase of life! I couldn’t be happier to share the journey with him!
When we got engaged I posted our story, so you can read all about it here! ←You should read it and get a better idea of who he is! 🙂
In honor of Erik turning 30 today, I thought I would share 30 fun facts on why I love him! I’m leaving out the obvious (he treats me well… etc) because those are a given!
So here we go!
I love Erik because he…
1. loves my family
2. sits and talks with my YiaYia, even though they speak different languages
3. brings me flowers for no reason
4. is the hardest working person I know
5. would give the shirt off his back for a complete stranger
6. embraces my religion and was baptized Greek Orthodox
7. randomly will throw out Greek words at the perfect time (I didn’t even know he knew them!)
8. is a man’s man
9. can also sit and gossip with the girls
10. can build anything I find on Pinterest
11. taught me my love for outdoors (when I thought I hated them)
12. is beyond supportive with my celiac disease
13. chooses to eat gluten free with me…just to support me!
14. in the morning when he wakes up he checks: his email, CNN, ESPN and TMZ! Ha
15. puts gas in my car without me asking
16.has become type A
17. sets his clothes out on the dresser the night before!
18. is the ultimate grill master
19. does the dishes after I cook without me asking
20. watches the Bachelor with me…and covers his face when he gets embarrassed for them!
21. explains all the details of sports and replays to me, even though he’s trying to watch
22. has become a Red Sox fan! (I’m still working on the Patriots)
23. can fix just about anything when it breaks
24. color codes his closet!
25. can look at me in an awkward situation and knows exactly what I’m thinking
26. pushes me out of my comfort zone in new situations
27. has never made me feel bad about having celiac and missing out on certain things
28. took ballroom dance lessons for our wedding and took them serious (video taped them and practiced!)
29. always puts things into perspective for me when I worry about things that don’t matter
30. he just gets it!
I can’t wait to see what the next 30 years bring!Share This: