These fluffy biscuits put a pumpkiny twist on a classic favorite and no one will ever know they’re gluten free!
If you’re gluten free, I think it’s fair we can all agree that we miss bread! Unfortunately many store bought gluten free ones just aren’t the same as we remember pre-gluten free diet!
I’m so excited to share with you these pumpkin biscuits because they’re light, fluffy and melt-in-your-mouth good! When you take a bite of these biscuits, it’s literally like taking a bite of fall!
(makes about 15 biscuits)
- 2 cups gluten free flour (I always use Cup4Cup)
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup canned pure pumpkin
- 3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease baking sheet and set aside.
- Combine gf flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt into a large bowl.
- Cut in the butter with electric mixer until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, combine the buttermilk and maple syrup, stirring until well combined. Add in canned pumpkin.
- Add the buttermilk mixture to the flour mixture and stir just until moistened.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured (gf flour!) surface; knead lightly a few times, adding sprinkles of flour as needed. Roll out to about 3/4 inch thickness; cut with a floured biscuit cutter
- Place cut biscuits 1-inch apart on greased baking sheet.
- Bake for about 12-14 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from pan and option to brush with melted butter (and/or honey). Serve warm.
- What bread item do you miss most since going gluten free?
Oh my goodness… I’d have to top these with some pumpkin butter 🙂
Yum! These would be delicious with pumpkin butter… I didn’t even think of that! 🙂
Ah yes! Some sort of bready biscuit is always a must on the GF holiday dinner table!
I agree! These are perfect for Thanksgiving!
What a delicious treat for breakfast!! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston
Thanks! Yes, they’re the perfect addition to a cup of coffee!
Oh my goodness, these look delish! I’ve been GF for about 18 months now and I totally get what you mean about missing bread!
Thanks! Luckily I’ve learned to modify but I do miss Olive Garden breadsticks and others too! Ha. What do you miss most??
These look delicious! Jesse is always asking me to make biscuits so I think I need to make these!
Thanks! Yes, you should! Hope you guys love them!